- What is my goal for writing this essay?
My goal for writing this essay is to fully articulate and make sense of different change models and how my own school context and the changes that we are moving towards or immersed in, can been influenced or understood through the change models identified. Ideally, one of my goals is to use the knowledge I have gained from understanding these change models to lead a more effective change process at Cobham.
- What information do I need to include?
I need to include a wide range of relevant sources that will influence and support my own thinking in relation to my school context. I will need to align these to the changes that are currently happening and are planned for in the future at Cobham.
- How will the information be organised?
I will use the assessment rubric and outline of what is required to shape the content of my assignment.
- What is the personal change context you would like to focus on?
The personal change context for my essay will be the introduction of BYOD to Cobham Intermediate and the support structures that are needed to ensure the most successful and effective BYOD programme possible.
- What is the central thesis or key question you aim to answer drawing on the research on change with digital technology in education?
My topic of research is "What support needs to be provided to ensure a successful BYOD programme?"
- What are the main themes you plan to address in the body of your essay (bullet points)?
- What different areas of support need to be considered?
- How has the issue of equity been addressed?
- What have the key contributing factors been for other schools who consider their BYOD programmes to be successful?
- Where, who, when and how can schools access the necessary support needed to implement a successful BYOD programme?
- What conclusions do you anticipate?
I anticipate that there will be several different areas that need support to be put in place, for example, staff and student professional development, community consultation and infrastructure. I also expect that there will be a large investment needed by schools in terms of funding and time to ensure the successful implementation of a BYOD programme.